Alexa Mass Notification Skills for Emergency, Critical Events & Urgent Situations
Want to get emergency alerts from your local public safety and emergency management agencies? Just enable the Hyper-Reach skill in your Alexa unit
What you need to set up Alexa Emergency Alerts:
- An Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, or other Amazon Alexa or Alexa-enabled smart speaker (third-party devices include those from Sonos, Eufy, Bose and more.)
- WIFI connection.
- An address served by a public safety or emergency management agency using Hyper-Reach.
What you do to set up Alexa Emergency Alerts:
- Tell your Alexa device “Alexa, enable Hyper-Reach.” (Your “wake word” might be different – “computer”, “echo”, etc.)
- The device will say OK and tell you it’s sent a “card” to your Alexa app.
- Go to the Alexa app to see your card
- Click “Manage” on the card
- Check the permissions and click “Save permissions”
- You’re done!
Once you have Hyper-Reach enabled, you’ll get messages from your public safety/emergency management agency. Your Alexa unit will flash a signal (usually a yellow light) and make a tone. Just say “Alexa, ask Hyper-Reach to read my notifications.”
Learn more about the solutions that Hyper-Reach provides such as emergency mass notification systems and crisis communication systems.